Tuesday, May 15, 2007

WSOP Bound!

The journey begins.

I just pre-registered for Event #25 of the 2007 World Series of Poker. This is a $2,000 buy-in event that had over 1,500 people last year, in which the winner took home about $650,000.

While I'm excited about going, I plan on treating it like any other poker session. Of course, the environment, players and large fields make it a unique session. So in preparation for this event, I've put together a set of important rules that I will follow while I'm there.
  1. Have fun & don't take it too seriously
  2. Don't get caught up in the excitement and fan fare. I have a job to do.
  3. Treat it like any another tournament
  4. Don't play stereotypes; play tendencies that day/tournament
  5. Don't worry about what others (i.e. pros) think about my play. I'm not there to impress them; I'm there to take their chips.
  6. Don't overthink situations. Just process information and act.
  7. Always follow my instincts
  8. Play people and situations; cards are last
  9. It's a long tournament. Eat right, get sleep and balance energy & focus across all three days.
  10. Go for the win, F the bubble

No comments: