Thursday, March 25, 2010

2nd Night of Cash

I really felt great playing tonight. I was a bit on the tired side, but my reads were spot on. There are definitely some hands that occurred that are situations I need to work on, but all in all it was a great session. I bluffed at the right times, 3-bet, value bet and induced action.

I'm not sure what the final result of the session was and it really doesn't matter. I was working hard not to even really know what my stack size was except for the purpose of how many I had in relation to the other people. They were just chips used for ammunition.

I only had one major hand go wrong with JJ on a ragged flop where my read was that they were super strong. I played the flop fine, but my radar really went off on the turn. I ended up jamming it in anyway though and lost a buy-in there. But overall I think I was up about $150 or so. Either way it doesn't matter though. My goal right now is number of hands.

I felt really comfortable 4 tabling and I think I'll be able to add 5 after a few more nights. I ended up with 716 hands after about 3 hours of play. I might of been able to keep the session going, but I'm trying to ease into things a bit. I need to get used to the consistency and the amount of hands. When I was playing tournaments it was different because a lot of the time I was just waiting for a good shove spot vs. using my brain to think through multiple lines of a hand. I want to build my endurance up so I'm able to have longer sessions that are productive.

No comments: