Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cash Games it is

I decided that despite being primarily a tournament player that my current goals for consistency outweighed my love for chasing the big cash. I also have a strong desire to play a more deepstacked game and my time limitations make it challenging for me to play long MTTs. Once I came to a logical conclusion, it was a no brainer decision.

I'm very excited about this new forray and am ready for the challenge. I'm not naive and I know there will still be swings. I also am fully aware that I am playing with "real money". I've been playing long enough to appreciate the game.

I am also excited to treat poker like a business and focus on the long-term metrics of the game. I have a plan for the volume I need and I have a "work schedule" ironed out to achieve it. My initial goals are the following:

1. Work up to 840 hands per day or 16,800 hands per month (this is approx 3.5 hrs of 4 tabling full ring games for 25 days a month). Once I work up to and am comfortable 4 tabling, I will add more tables.

2. Earn 5bb/100 hands - I see so many different rates that people say is "good". I think 5bb/100 may be a little on the high end, but I will just play through the first 50k hands or so and see where I stand.

Anyway, tonight is my first session. I would say that I will post some results, but after one night that's pretty counter-intuitive to grinding. I will post results based on more important metrics such as how comfortable I felt playing, my reads, etc. I think I'm going to start 2 tabling and then add a third or possibly 4th table. I usually 3 or 4 table tournaments, but I want to be comfortable with table flow first.

No comments: