Thursday, June 2, 2011

WSOP Training Camp

My WSOP plans are finalized for this year and I'll be playing in a $1k on Sunday June 19th and a $1,500 on June 22nd. Each year I've written a blog post that is more of a mental prep for the trip, but this year I'm thinking about things a little differently. I'm going to treat these next 2 weeks as a "training camp" as if I was an athlete peaking for competition.

So what will be involved in my peaking routine? Here are the skills I need to hone & sharpen:
  1. Accurate reading skills and assigning hand ranges
  2. Mental & emotional endurance
  3. Confidence
  4. Acting on my reads
How will I train and peak these skills?
  1. Play only Hold'em tournaments
  2. Hand history reviews and equity calculations
  3. 1/2 hour daily 2+2 forum reviews
  4. 1 hour of video reviews
  5. Finish 2 additional advanced videos for Pokerology
  6. Reduce coffee intake and focus on longer work sessions throughout the day not relying on external energy sources
Mon June 6 - Review HHs on 2+2, Play online tournaments
Tues June 7 - HH reviews & EV calcs, Make 1 new pokerology video
Wed June 8 - Surgery - likely no activity except possibly watching videos and/or 2+2 late
Thur June 9 - Post Surgery recovery - watch videos and read 2+2 threads
Fri June 10 - Post Surgery recovery - watch videos and read 2+2 threads; play online (tbd)
Sat June 11 - HH reviews, 2+2 Threads, play online, watch videos
Sun June 12 - HH reviews & EV calcs
Mon June 13 - Read 2+2 threads, play online (OR play Legion Tournament)
Tues June 14 -Make Pokerology video
Wed June 15 - Watch videos, read 2+2 threads, Play online
Thur June 16 - Wrestling meeting
Fri June 17 - Rest
Sat June 18 - Leave for Vegas!

No comments: