Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Recap 10/19/09

It's been about 4 days since I played last and it feels like an eternity. I wasn't able to play on Friday or Saturday due to previous obligations and I was just too tired last night from wrestling during the day. I still feel a little physically beat up, but I really wanted to play. One thing that I am going to be focusing on is playing as much volume as I can while I am running good and playing good. I felt like I was playing my A game last week and I was fortunate to run good at the same time.

So I'm starting the session tonight a little physically tired, but I'm drinking some coffee and I think I'll be okay. I know from previous experience that if I get really tired, I fall into a rhythm of nitting up too much or blindly betting without putting someone on a range. So my focus tonight is to find spots where I can be selectively aggressive and find the rhythym of accumulating chips.

---
67s hand...didn't put him on a range..just gave up b/c fd. check/folding isn't horrible on the river and my line was probably okay, but I should have probably c-bet and maybe double barrelled...results oriented..but my reasoning for not cbetting wasn't good...it was scared

---
That's always annoying. Made it deep in 3 tournaments with 2 final tables and no cashes. Twice a called all-ins with AK and AQ where I was 65% and 60% respectively...flop 2 pair and get runnered for straights and flushes. I made good shove decisions getting there though where sometimes I would shove any two cards when the situation was right. I shoved 42s in the bb when the sb limped and I shoved 94os into the BB when I was the sb. I was going to fold the latter, but getting those chips allowed me to survive a rotation.

It's only 10:30 and I want to keep playing, but I don't want to stay up too late tonight. I might play some head's up or something.

---
Played a 4 person HU tournament just for the fun of it. Only a $20 buy in. It was fun. The first person was frustrating because they didn't bluff and was somehow a station only when I was bluffing, not when I had big hands. Still, I felt like I adjusted pretty well to both players and ended up taking it down.

No comments: