Thursday, October 1, 2009

Daily Recap 10-1-09

Gonna start this post before going to the America Legion tournament tonight. I've been feeling kinda sick today, but just like in any sport you have to sometimes push yourself and train your mind/body to perform in sub-par situations. I mean, I'm not throwing up or anything so I'm fine.

My goal tonight is to try and open up a little earlier. The blind structure is a little fast and the players are really bad so normally I just play super patient and play push fold in the later levels. It doesn't mean that I'm going to go nuts because many of the players are calling stations, so I'll have to pick my spots. BUT, it does mean I'm going to open a little looser in late position (if it folds to me) and not pass up any blind stealing opportunities. It also means I'll probably open a little lighter from early position. Again, not too much, but enough to keep my stack healthy so I can absorb any hits later if need be.

------------
I played great tonight. I didn't win, but I feel like every decision was +EV. I opened up my game a bit and played the players. I doubled barreled one time and I bluffed the river into a tight player when the board paired Aces. Aside from bluffs, I think I extracted well although I check-raised a set once and I might have been able to get more value by check/calling. The board had a flush draw showing but I put the player on a lower pocket pair. I felt like check/calling might kill my action if another spade hit and I don't think he fires again on the turn anyway. Against this particular player I think I probably made the most. I ended up final tabling and busting in 9th out of 53, but I chopped the last longer and basically broke even for the night.

No comments: