Friday, December 15, 2006

Ah yes, that's what it feels like to win

I just got back from a local $100 tournament and played some really good poker. I was relaxed and was in tune with everything going on at the table. And most importantly, I got back to playing the players and didn't let any emotions or pressure to win affect my play. I made some nice reads and took the right action each time, whether it was to call, make a move or extract chips with big hands. I didn't really catch a ton of monster hands or anything. Just nice balanced play all around. And it really felt great. After a few nice hands, I was really having fun playing smart poker without trying too hard.

The result was chopping 3 handed giving the short stack a little extra and even chopping the rest with a guy who had slightly more chips than me. I definitely felt like I was the best player and would win it, but the blinds were starting to get high and I felt chopping was the smartest move.

Anyway, just gonna keep this mindset going and try to build some momentum.

No comments: