Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Trying Too Hard to Win

So I tend to go through these periods where I'm trying so hard to focus on making smart plays that it inhibits my ability to loosen up and open my mind to all the information at hand. It also causes me err on the side of caution too much, preventing me from making the "well if you have me, you have me" type plays that are usually key hands in building a massive stack.

I alluded to this in the Fear of Being Wrong post and after taking a couple days off, I've realized that I've been trying too hard ever since I decided to go to Tunica again and am trying to build up my bankroll before the trip. I know that those periods in which I don't really care as much about the outcome, are the ones that I play my best. I think the key is to realize when you are being blinded by these emotional factors, take a few days off and come back and play simply for the fun of playing.

Alright, no more whiny posts about introspective psychological crap. Shake it off and get back in the game!

No comments: