Monday, April 5, 2010

Focused Session

Goal for the night: Think through situations fully

Fully = what are his stats, position, history, other factors

Mid Session note: One thing I am doing tonight is resisting the temptations to make moves or fancy plays without solid reads or enough hands on someone...or making big moves against hyper-aggressive players without confident reads or outs.

Post Session notes: Tonight was a great session. Not only did I run good (which obviously helps), I was able to pick much better spots than I have in the past. I was also able to maximize my winnings with my big hands and minimize my losses when behind. I felt like I had great reads, even though I was 6 tabling for most of the night. I was in tune with game flow and it really paid off.

Session stats:
3.63 hrs
1026 hands
VPIP 17.5
PFR 12.5
3bet 7.0
Agg Factor 2.91

Overall my stats are much lower than I thought they would be, but they are roughly in line with how I have been playing. I'll do a deeper analysis and figure out ways to up this a bit without becoming too obvious and having to deal with more 3bets. I'm surprised my 3bet stat is so big, but I think it more had to do with running well. I'm usually between 5 and 6.

As usual, I'm not posting bb/100 or $ won since I am not focusing on each session. But we'll just say I had a good night.

No comments: