Thursday, April 1, 2010

Great Session Tonight

I don't even know my stats or my results for the night, but I know I had a good night. I felt confident in my plays and made some big laydowns. I extracted from the fish and got aggressive players to fall into my traps.

Now it's not like I ran incredible, but I felt like I played well. As far as plugging leaks go, I made a conscious effort to open up my game a bit from early position and focused on not going crazy with double and triple barrels without a confident read.

I really only had one hand that I didn't play well and I'll go ahead and put it out there as a reminder of what not to do. The villain in this hand is very aggressive and 3bets a lot. See my analysis below.


PokerStars Game #42058954499: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00 USD) - 2010/04/01 22:46:06 ET
Table 'Nata' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: DidYouSeeWHy ($100 in chips)
Seat 2: mydodi ($138.30 in chips)
Seat 5: RudiTurbo ($102.20 in chips)
Seat 6: NYIsles_fcp ($100 in chips)
Seat 7: booger369 ($116.55 in chips)
Seat 8: Porkie Pine ($94.55 in chips)
Seat 9: DP388 ($119.60 in chips)
DidYouSeeWHy: posts small blind $0.50
mydodi: posts big blind $1
xpjsx: sits out
JuantotheC: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to DP388 [Kc Jc]
RudiTurbo: folds
NYIsles_fcp: folds
booger369: folds
Porkie Pine: folds
DP388: raises $2 to $3
DidYouSeeWHy: raises $8 to $11
mydodi: folds
DP388: raises $16 to $27
DidYouSeeWHy: calls $16
*** FLOP *** [Qd 5h Td]
DidYouSeeWHy: checks
DP388: checks
*** TURN *** [Qd 5h Td] [Qh]
DidYouSeeWHy: checks
DP388: checks
*** RIVER *** [Qd 5h Td Qh] [3h]
DidYouSeeWHy: checks
DP388: bets $24
DidYouSeeWHy: calls $24
*** SHOW DOWN ***
DP388: shows [Kc Jc] (a pair of Queens)
DidYouSeeWHy: shows [Jd Js] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)


I felt like my 4 bet in this spot was good. When he flats my 4bet I know he has a good hand. I feel like I can put him on a finite range of TT-AA. I think he folds or shoves 88-99 and he likely shoves AK. I feel like he's either trapping me or wants to see the flop texture before deciding what to do. I don't think I've 4bet at all, so he probably doesn't put me on a super wide range. When he calls, and this board comes Q5T, this hits two sets in his range. I also think JJ will call a c-bet and based on his range I'm not ready to go all the way here. I think my check is good because it gives me a free card to the straight where I can stack him. On the turn, this isn't a good card for me because it now becomes very hard to rep anything. If I had a big pair, wouldn't I have bet the flop for value? If I had AQ wouldn't I have bet? Even if I was being tricky with AQ, it is hard for him to put me on a single hand. So the river comes and I just didn't want to give up the pot. I knew it was wrong but I bet anyway. What am I representing here? One leak I need to work on is when I'm about to bet, if I am cringing "hoping" it will work, then it probably a bad bet. I was able to correct this in future hands tonight, but it wasn't like I stopped being aggressive. I had a few successful double barrels and 1-2 3 barrels.

No comments: